Many software developers like to have version control functionality integrated within their IDE.
When it comes to Subversion support for the
PL/SQL Developer IDE, the only option until now
apparently is to integrate Subversion through Microsoft's outmoded SCC-API using the
PL/SQL Developer Version Control Plugin in combination
with an SVN SCC Proxy.
That of course means to sacrifice a lot of Subversion's true potential.
TortoiseSVN is one of the best Subversion clients around providing easy access
to most Subversion features.
So the idea came up to write a wrapper plugin around TortoiseSVN, which turned out to be relatively easy using
using the PL/SQL Plugin API.
This work is inspired by the Delphi Add-In for TortoiseSVN project
hosted on this site, and some code has been adopted from there.
However, this plugin aims to support more features like the Subversion support found in the
JEDI Code Library for the various Delphi environments.
Note: Don't confuse the latter with the
JEDI Version Control System, which is completely different version management system.
The goal of this project is to integrate the TortoiseSVN client into the PL/SQL Developer IDE.
The scope of this project is the following:
- We will use Object Pascal (Delphi) as programming language on the Win32 platform for now.
- This project does not aim to create a fully integrated SVN plugin based on the SVN client library.
The installation routine is simple:
- Install the latest TortoiseSVN client.
- Install the latest CollabNet Subversion Command-Line Client from http://www.collab.net/downloads/subversion , if you going to use the rename function.
- Download the setup file from Documents & files
- Run this setup file and follow the instructions
- Restart PL/SQL Developer.
If you still have problems with the installation look at the manual
PL/SQL Developer homepage
Delphi Add-In for TortoiseSVN homepage
JEDI Code Library homepage